Revolving Group Art Exhibit Guidelines at LVAC
LVAC is currently accepting proposals for 2016. We welcome group art exhibits by area artists. Works will be displayed in our gallery space at 140 Bridge Street (Gallery 140). Generally, two or more artists share the space, and we prefer to have both two and three dimensional pieces for the walls and the pedestals.
1). Exhibiting in Gallery 140 is a benefit of membership in the Las Vegas Arts Council. There is an exception to this rule for public, private, or home schooled students participating in a group show. Click here for membership information.
2). LVAC does NOT carry insurance on art work. That is the responsibility of the artist. LVAC does carry insurance on events in the building that covers attendees only, not those of us actually participating in the show.
3). LVAC will sell displayed art, and will refer potential buyers and interested parties to the artist.
- Charging and paying NM gross receipts tax is the responsibility of the artist and should be included in the price. Checks will be made out to the artist.
- A 10% donation is expected for any work sold as a result of its display in the LVAC Gallery.
- All sales generated by exhibit must be receipted at the gallery.
- Exhibiting artists will be responsible for publicizing displayed work, scheduling with the office, hanging the work, labeling the work, planning and hosting any public reception, taking down the work, and repairing any damage from the installation. We want to be helpful and will be, but these tasks are the artists’ responsibility.
- The artist will provide an inventory of displayed work, and electronically printed labels that will include the title of the piece, artist’s name, media, and price. Let us know if this is a problem. Artists’ contact information and work dimensions on labels are optional. Please provide business cards or other contact information.
- Gallery hosting is necessary for artists who are exhibiting and is a means of keeping the Gallery open. It is important that you review the gallery procedures before you are scheduled to host.
4). Some notes on publicity: Please send us this information at least two weeks before the exhibit opens–we will begin advertising earlier if we have the information.
- We will publicize your show and reception on the LVAC website, via email, and on Facebook. Email information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief bio and also photos (see NOTE), of your flyer, your work, and of you. Does your show have a name?)
- Will you have a flyer or a poster? If not, may we design one?
- There is a neighborhood helper who will distribute a dozen or so posters for you up and down the main street corridors. If you leave them in the office, we will ask him to help.
Additional advertising is entirely up to the artists and we ask you consider publication deadlines:
- Check out deadlines for the Las Vegas Optic calendar (Qué Pasa and Noticias are free).
- KFUN radio – check with Susie about a radio interview. This is free as well.
- Albuquerque Journal
- Mailers, invitations, posters, and flyers (if desired) can be ordered and purchased. They should include the LVAC logo or “Sponsored by the Las Vegas Arts Council.”
NOTE: Photos of art work are very important for your work and this event. Photos need to be sent to email@example.com in JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, at least 300 dpi. and in the one megabyte range.
5). The reception is an opportunity to draw the community in and get acquainted with fellow artists. Monitoring guests at the reception and during gallery hours to sign guest book is necessary for our grant funders. Please encourage all visitors to sign in and help tally those who do not sign.
6). If you have questions, call or email the office at 505-425-1085, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to download the guidelines in a PDF, click here. We require an initialed and signed copy of the guidelines before the exhibit opens.