Every December, we celebrate the fine arts and crafts of Las Vegas artists and artisans at Gallery 140. You will love browsing and shopping as well to the sounds of holiday music, and the cinnamon scents of the season.
The Holiday Show and Sale features mostly small and reasonably priced fine crafts and artwork appealing to both art lovers and holiday shoppers. Framed wall work, sculpture, fiber arts, ceramics, jewelry, tin work, soaps, etc., are welcome. This is a juried exhibit, so you must submit photos for the jury to consider. Phone photos are acceptable.
We are a non-profit community gallery, so we need your help as well as your art. A signed Memorandum of Understanding is required, along with a 10% commission for work sold as a direct result of the show. You will be asked to volunteer or provide a volunteer for one or two afternoons or evenings during the show in order to keep the gallery open for sales.
We will send the Memorandum of Understanding as an attachment with your acceptance email.
Artists are expected to help market their work and the show by extending invitations to friends and family.
A reception will be held Saturday, December 3 during the Light Parade and exhibiting artists are asked to help provide refreshments and attend.
Email an image or images of submission(s) HERE with contact information. Please rename image(s) with File Name Convention: Save each file name as indicated – first 4 letters of last name, first 4 letters of first name (if your name does not have 4 letters, fill in with ‘Xs’), 1, 2, 3 for entry. For example, Pablo Picasso would be PicaPabl1, PicaPabl2, PicaPabl3, etc.
Cut and paste the data below into your email, and provide the information requested.
Name (as it should appear on label):
Best Phone Number:
Name or Description of Work:
Price* of work(s):
Total number of pieces you would like to submit:
We need some description for each piece, please.
*Price – include the gross receipts tax and round up to the nearest whole dollar. The artist is responsible for making arrangements with the Dept. of Tax and Rev.
We are flexible about the number of pieces that will be chosen, depending on their size, and the number of entries we receive.
Consider…What would fit in a square yard, or if you have 3-D work, in a cubic yard? That is a rule of thumb, not a rule in cement. A cubic yard of earrings would be crazy, but a cubic yard that includes two small decorated Christmas trees selling ornaments might be reasonable.
We have a curator who will coordinate the installation.
Professionals and amateur artisans may exhibit with the following conditions.
- All submissions must be made by an artisan and original.
- No kits or commercially-made goods will be allowed.
- If accepted, there is a $5 membership fee (some exceptions apply), unless you are already a current member of LVAC.
- Work should arrive prepared for display, wired (no sawtooth) if hanging
- Artist should provide display for odd shapes and sizes not appropriate for wall hanging or for pedestals – if in doubt, ask.
- Deadline for entry is Wednesday, November 16, 2016, at midnight.
- Depending on submissions, deadline may be closed then or extended.
- Notification emails will go out Friday, November 18.
- The show will open Thanksgiving Weekend for early shopping on Friday and Saturday, November 25 and 26 from 1- 4 pm
- Then open Tuesdays through Saturdays through Christmas Eve, from 1- 4 pm
- Reception before and during Electric Light Parade, Saturday, December 3.
- Show closes Christmas Eve afternoon, 12/24 at 4 pm.
- Gallery will be closed through the January 2.
- Art left over the holidays remains until January 3 unless special arrangements are made.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.