We get calls and competition information from our own Gallery 140, from other local venues, local events, and all over the place. We will list them here as they come in and move them down as their deadlines pass. Let us know if you find the information useful.
We have linked a sample copy of the 2019/2020 Memorandum of Understanding that artists must review and sign before they exhibit at Gallery 140. They are not written in stone, and we are always willing to discuss possibilities and consider exceptions.
We want to see Gallery 140 become a true Community Gallery,
where the exhibits are planned, executed, curated, and supervised by artists!
Find out more about our plans for Gallery 140 here.
Find an entry form for artists here.
Get information about how you can participate in planning or propose an event here.
2019-2020 CALLS FOR ARTISTS
Call to Artists Animal Welfare Coalition ArtBark 2019 Juried show
We are extending the ArtBark deadline to this Friday of October 11th
The Animal Welfare Coalition (AWC) invites artists to submit artwork for ArtBark 2019, a juried show, November 2, 2019 at the New Mexico Highlands Trolley Building.
ArtBark provides a large part of the AWC yearly budget for outreach and animal welfare education, food and low cost/spay/neuter. Your donated art, jewelry, and fine crafts contributes to a live and silent auction event raising needed funds.
- No entry fee, you may submit up to 3 art pieces for consideration;
- All mediums will be considered;
- Each piece must be labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium and sale price;
- Artist may donate 50% or all the purchase price to AWC.
- Artist may suggest a starting bid, but the curator will make the final decision;
- The artist is responsible for delivery of work at designated place and time.
- Submission form may be found: https://www.animalwelfarenewmexico.org/artbark-submission/
- The site will guide you through the process of providing all the necessary information.
- Mail or hand deliver to:
Kennedy Hall 905 University Ave, Las Vegas, New Mexico 87701
Attn: Renee Buchanan
Note if you hand deliver your accepted work, please deliver to Kennedy Hall between 8am-5pm Monday thru Friday
October 11, Deadline for Submission of Application and JPG images
October 18, Notification of Accepted Artwork
October 18 – 29, Delivery of Work
November 2, ArtBark, Private Showing at 4:30 followed by ArtBark Auction 6:00PM-7:30PM Reception from 6:00 – 7:30 PM
If you have any questions please email Irene Kranenburg at ARTBARKAWC@gmail.com
THE SMALL WORKS HOLIDAY SHOW features small and reasonably priced fine crafts and artwork appealing to art lovers and holiday shoppers. This is a juried exhibit.
A signed Memorandum of Understanding is required, along with a d15% commission for work sold as a direct result of the show. You will be asked to volunteer or provide a volunteer for one or two afternoons or evenings during the show in order to keep the gallery open for sales. Artists are expected to help market their work and the show by extending invitations to friends and family.
A reception will be held Saturday, December 2 during the Light Parade and exhibiting artists are asked to help provide refreshments and attend.
Email an image of submission(s) HERE with contact information.
Include YOUR INFO AND name, media, size. and price of work.
We are flexible about the number of pieces that will be chosen, depending on their size, and the number of submissions we receive.
Professionals and amateurs may exhibit with the following conditions.—
- All submissions must be made by an artisan and original.
- No kits or commercially-made goods will be allowed.
- Unless you are already a member, if accepted, there is a $5 membership fee (some exceptions apply).
We have a curator who will coordinate the installation, and the show will open Thanksgiving weekend.
Deadline for submissions will be November 10, 2017.